Monday, July 7, 2008

Level Up! My Culinary Affair!

Each and every time I see food presented nicely, the fiery feeling of becoming a better Chef bursts out of my heart. In the near future, I want to be one of the best French Chef in the world... or if not, I just want to see myself skillfully and creatively doing my own dishes. Hmmm... I may say that I have an eye for art. I am easily moved by wonderful and beautiful things. Well, I guess that is why I'm so fascinated about the cooking world. Just by watching some shows makes me out of the couch to try those food and the way they do their plating. As of now, while working as a Chef in a Spanish restaurant-that is Gaudi Greenbelt, I'm taking most of the opportunity to enhance my creative side of cooking. But there is more waiting outside and beyond... Actually my plan is not only to be a good French Chef... I want to be a more rounded, a more versatile Chef focusing on the European Cuisines but still considering my native cuisine, the Filipino dishes. Maybe after that, I want to experiment more about the fusion of cuisines, specifically French and Korean. Well, that's a dream I also want to pursue one day.
Anyways, why do I go loco these days on this way of cooking. Ahhh... maybe I'm so challenged by what I'm hearing on the News that more and more Filipino chefs are taking a higher notch to their respective positions. I myself also want to do the same thing. Unluckily there are fewer resources and time shared with me. But I am doing my best using most of what I have... and soon after I'll be happy to surprise everyone that I will be there too, soon!
It is really a long long way to go for my career as a chef. The competition is high, the chances given are too rare for everyone to have. Nevertheless, I'm still on my grip and believing someday I will get there.

No comments: