Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Miss The Pevensie Kids!!!


At last, after two long days of reading with intense imagination, I finished the whole series of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. And it really gave me a good time of exploring the fantasy world with all of its characters especially the Pevensie kids that I truly missed so much...

Ahm... The Magician's Nephew with Digory and Polly gave me the hardest time to imagine for it deals with so much of the beginning of every beginnings of Narnia. I've felt that my mind is going to burst with so much of the imagination I am doing just to make it a perfect tie-in with my reading. And as appreciating that I could be, I finished it with the craving to know the early history of Narnia before Lucy first entered Narnia and how King Frank and Queen Helen reigned and made Narnia the freest place for all creatures. And I got curious by the way Jadis managed to live that long and became powerful enough to cast the Hundred Years of Winter into Narnia if all Narnians and Aslan were aware of her being evil. But I think that would be a mystery for everyone for there are no any other stories about it.

It did not take me so long to prepare on reading the last installment of the series which is The Last Battle. Normally, it always took me two to three days of reading just one book because I have some other scheduled activities, but this time, just because I am so excited to know the ending of all the stories, I started right after I had the last drop of my midnight tea after The Magician's Nephew. And I was not able to keep track of time for I've started imagining while I'm still of the last part of the Magician's Nephew, like an epilouge. When I begun on reading and entered the ninth chapter of the book, it was already 2:00 AM. So I've decided, since it is Sunday, to continue reading until twilight and the first humming of the roosters.

Through the journey with King Tirian, Eustace, and Jill, and with other Narnians, I noticed this insight that this book is really the last of all lasts. For every turn of the page becomes more and more tragic for each character, and there went a moment they fell really hopeless of not having Narnia back from the very witty Ape yet puppet-like dumb under Ginger the cat and a Calormene. But as more pages and events are revealed, hope arises for those who have a strong faith and a brave heart.

On the chapter where Eustace and Jill come back to Narnia to help Tirian and at the same time I remembered that the Pevensie kids were told by Aslan that they couldn't go back to Narnia, I had this boring feeling and became sad that I won't be able to see them anymore. But as soon as the climax of the story arises, there showed my favorite and missed characters of Narnia. And the destructed damned Narnia started to fall apart with its ill-faithed creatures and men. Yet all those who are good were able to enter the real world of the real Narnia and there they've found their long lost love ones and all the people who were there when Aslan started creating Narnia.

So much into that, I know that everyone knew the story so I'll end the story-telling on that part. I am also surprised when Reepicheep welcomed everyone on the golden gates of Narnia, for really I knew from the Voyage of the Dawn Treader that he's safely arrived as Aslan's country for in fact not Aslan's country but the real world of Narnia... hehehe I was so happy of seeing the valiant mouse again... and knowing he'll live forever with all other Narnians he used to live with the old shadowlands Narnia before... and it was a shock for me when the story revealed that all "human" characters of the story, except Susan who were not a friend of Narnia for some intriguing issues which is not clear to me until now, died on a railway accident. But I believed that they won't make any regret of dying on such a manner for they have died for something they long for a long time. And for me, it is so wonderful of escaping the real world if you know that you don't really belong to that world but in fact, belonged to a fantasy one like Narnia...

As a conclusion, it has been a while since I also started journeying through Narnia when I started reading the first book (as per production) and discovered how good a life could be of being in Narnia. But as what everyone know and really it is the truth, Narnia is fictional and only real to CS Lewis' imaginations. But I will still believe that Narnia only belongs to him but belonged to everyone who believes that there is such a place called Narnia...



"As freest of all the places known and unknown...
To boundaries of worlds by worlds...
Dreaming as long as I want...
There will be Narnia..."

- brangien

No comments: