Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crazy About You (Chapter II)

Chapter II
HE CAN’T BE NICE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE



I am home alone. Basically, I live with myself in my own pad. My parent stays in Singapore to deal with our cosmetics business. Uncle Pancho, Dorotha’s father is in the Lion City as well, working as the GM of Ford Motors. I started having a life on my own the time I entered high school… and it never became a problem to me living alone because ever since before, mom and dad always go around the world to make a living for our family. It is either I stay with Aunt Mary together with D or I came with them, which is not a good idea because I am still studying. But aside from that fact, there is no problem at all. What has been so funny ever since… was my parents piled up a huge lump of cash to my account and then bid me to use it however I liked. As if I needed so much money in this very simple life of mine. To tell you the truth, I haven’t set foot on the bank since my parents opened-up an account for my discretion. The monthly dues and all of the expenses for my flat were all on auto-debit agreement so I really don’t have to do any payments every month. I earn my allowance from doing tutorial to younger students and plus the subsidiary I get for being an editor of Whistler Wall… so why mind about my allowance? And practically, I don’t do tuition fees because I am enrolled through a hard-earned scholarship. My parents are such lucky people having me as their child.

I am Mythos. I should be branded “Mythology Javier” when my father decided to covet his books of ancient history to me. I am so lucky my mom insisted of making it short to now-my-name Mythos. My parents migrated here in Manhattan from Toledo, Spain. They came in together with Dorotha’s parents. It seemed that the ties between my parents and Dorotha’s bounded us to be like them. They’ve known each other since childhood and grew up together in Toledo until they decided of journeying to USA and to live an American dream. But anyway, I am the editor-in-Chief of Whistler Wall, WSHS’ school paper. I represent the student body to each board meeting together with Dorotha as part of the Student Council. I worked my way up to my status and it was a hard-earned success of all my academic prowess and me being friendly. I consider myself like a typical kind of man, nothing too special to be spoiled and not too outcast to be ignored. Dorotha finds me charming as well as so many girls in school… it is an easy access for my prudence, but unluckily Liam found out a secret that he shouldn’t be… thanks to D for that.

Finally I am home… reserved to the comforts of a peaceful flat. Still I desperately needed to rush the layouts for tomorrow. Why does Liam need to be such a jerk today? Can’t he understand words like “please” and “no”? After I change my clothes, I went straight to my desk to start printing fresh copies of the layouts… if Mark used the exact document file I forwarded him last night, that means I am saved from such a boring night! I picked the first few pages that were printed and it is exactly the same as this afternoon’s printouts. After several more pages came out of the printer, I am almost done… until I noticed something is wrong. And OMG… the last pages aren’t properly fitted to the boxes as they were earlier. And so… that is my cue, I now need to re-arrange the errors as fast as I could. Lucky for me, that is the only thing I should be doing… I don’t have to proofread it since I’ve checked the early copy clean.

The stressing task of the layout is done… and it made me devastatingly hungry. After compiling the layouts on the “book”, I went to the kitchen to start cooking up something to bite on. I remembered my homework for Chef Nikolav’s… then so I did my instant eggs cookery session at home. I have to fill some questions regarding how I prepared my own Eggs Benedict, and it is pretty easy for someone like me who is undoubtedly inclined to kitchen tasks. Before taking my dinner, which is actually a breakfast item, I secured a snap shot of what my product was so I could show it to the class tomorrow.

I am in the middle of taking my Eggs Benedict when the phone rang…

“Hello… Mythos?” the voice is always been a melody to my ears, and it is Aunt Mary.

“Aunt Mary… I am so sorry for not coming tonight…” I immediately apologized to keep the conversation short.

“Bet you are now dreaming of how good the Angus barbecue likes… Liam and Dorotha are having such a nice evening right now…” she followed. She clearly knows how to play this game. Aunt Mary was always been very kind to me… and for the longest time I’ve known her, I considered her as my second mother already.

“Enough! Don’t add more burdens to my growling stomach… I promise not to flake next time.” I kept my voice in between sweet and assuring.

“Anyways… Liam is here beside me… I think he wanted to talk to you…” She informed me. I could almost here the passing of the receiver to Liam… a dug to something firm resonated from the other line.

And what the hell this guy wants now… why can’t he just stab me with a knife and go on with his life???

“Hey… Mythos… you there?” Liam sounded he was just got scolded by his mom.

“Of course I am here… you wanted to talk right… talk now… I have something else to do, make it short.” I make it not so entertaining so he’ll feel awful of what he did.

“I’m sorry man. I haven’t thought of what I’ve caused you… sorry for being such a jerk earlier in school.” He seems to mean each of the words he just said.

“Don’t worry about it now… I was able to print the exact file I did earlier. I’m fine now, in fact I am having my dinner right now…” My voice is happy… I don’t know if that was because of the fact Liam apologizes or the fact that I was able to eat on time. “So if you don’t have anything more to say… can I continue on my meal now?” I followed.

“Still… I feel like I owe you big time. I’ve realized how things are going on earlier when Dorotha conversed with me on our way here… actually she asked me a favor.” Liam explained.

“Favor???” I replied confused.

“Yes… not for her this time. She wanted me to take time to know you better. To make-up the time I’ve been bullying you.” He contemplated. I am still confused why in the world Dorotha will ask for that kind of thing to this man. But I guess she knew how much I hate the situation every time Liam is around me. Well… it is here, what else can I do now.

“So… what about it?” I asked. I kept my intentions clear. I wanted to know him as well. Maybe all my frustrations back then will be gone if I will know him better. And also, I might find a good reason to hate him more.

“I think you aren’t busy anymore since you had time to eat dinner… am I right?” said Liam. His words came by fluidly, it looked like he got to practice ahead before he had this conversation with me. But I wanted to spare him a chance… I don’t know what he is really up to but why not take the chance.

“Ahm… you quite right… what you up to?” I am getting edgy but I made my voice as normal as possible. I don’t want him to notice how I am getting into the conversation.

“Nice… I’ll gonna pick you up later.” He imposed. “Got to go… I am also having my dinner; Dorotha is kinda looking mad at me already for ditching the meal…” he followed.

“Okay. See you.” I replied. I slipped on the last note… I think I speak too happily on the last part. I hope he did not hear that.

I hang up the phone and started eating again. Liam’s offer of peace and quality time together is really freaking me out right now. Why is he doing all the fuss? I know Dorotha is such a sweet girl but what is the whole reason of asking his boyfriend to do such a thing. But well… maybe I am right, Liam is up to something for sure, and I shouldn’t be caught off-guard.

While finishing up the dishes, the bell rang. I am surprised Liam came by right after dinner. I thought he’d be coming more lately than this. I pressed the button from series of switches in the dashboard to unlock the door and let Liam come in.

“I never expected you to be this early.” I explained to him while I swipe the plate dry. “What was the matter really… spill it.” I followed.

“Dorotha send me out right after we eat.” Liam explained.

“I’m just finishing up some dishes… would you like to wait while watching the television.” I replied as I pointed to the sofa and handing him the remote for the Bravia.

Liam immediately slouched on the sofa. He turned on to URCC channel and started swearing words out loud. Back in the kitchen, I started to figure out some probabilities of what he might be planning to do. So I asked him sneakily…

“Hey… aren’t we going out because we are supposed to hangout right?” I wanted to explain the idea of going outside to do anything just to kill time and let Dorotha think that we are really doing our parts.

“Right… what you want?” the voice is too plain. I think he is not paying attention to the conversation for he is immersed already with the program.

“Whatever you like dude?” I compromised.

I then saw Liam on his phone dialing and after a moment, I found him talking to someone. I kind of overheard the conversation and definitely he is asking another friend to hangout with.

“Who’s that?” I curiously asked… assuming that we are going to chill out to make amends to what have been happening between us and to be closer to each other for Dorotha’s sake.

“Oh… my guy Philip. I hope you won’t mind I invited someone.” He answered but I could still see that the fight of Istonza and Ramirez draws his attention.

“So where we’ll be “chilling out” tonight? I can’t stay out too late… I had some compromise right?” I let him remember his deeds earlier.

“Just by the Crowley’s… I told Philip to be there by nine o’clock.” He said… apathetically.

He turned off the television and grabbed his jacket and put it on. Liam went out the flat rushing as if there’s a fire inside. I quickly grab my jacket by the door and put it on as well. I tried to keep up my pace by threading bigger steps… I almost slipped on my way out my apartment. Liam wasn’t outside the corridor when I turned to look for him after I safely locked the doors. I decided to come down thinking that he might fetch the car. I reached the ground floor and there he is waiting… with his Carrera already attuned. Liam is standing outside the driver’s seat hitting some cigars… he quickly offered me to smoke without asking if I do smoke or not. I refused on the offer and quickly hopped inside the convertible. I glanced to his direction and saw him ditching the cigar on the ground and went inside the car immediately.

“We can just not go and you could stay in your place and I shall go alone. If you really don’t like to go I understand… it is pretty easy to make up some story for Dorotha tomorrow you know.” He explained and looked me with a gaze that is terribly sexy… he might mean that I don’t have any choice but to go.

“No… I am fine. I am sorry… you could smoke here, just go on… don’t mind me being here.” I gave a sincerity shot to his eye.

“Dorotha said you don’t smoke…” he continued.

“Oh… has she said that…” I tried to sound ignorant but I failed… a smile hinted by the end of my lips and I am very sure he saw that. It is so dear of Liam to still consider that fact, it is either he is just avoiding a fight tomorrow after I tell Dorotha that he smoked inside his car while I’m around or he cared for me. But the later thought might just be my fantasy… why would he do that?

“You are so funny… don’t you know that?” Liam said and then laughter fluttered out his chest.

“Whatever dude?!” I wanted to be sarcastic but I sounded in denial.

The surrounding become silent as the moment Liam stopped from laughing. The lot is out of car, maybe just because it is a Wednesday night and majority of the yuppies living in One Colorado are out partying. Liam looked straight outside the windshield… I tried trailing what he is looking at but I failed… He seemed out of his thoughts and maybe thinking so deep right now. I wanted to get his attention but he may loose his patience already if I try to distract him. He stayed on his own thought for a very long time, if I were taking records of the time… maybe he was like that for more than ten minutes already. I got worried about how he is acting then… but I still hesitated from distracting him, seeing Liam so close like this without resistance and any further disgrace, it is one of the happiest moments in my life. More minutes passed but he is still on standby, I then realized that he might be fallen into sleep while his eyes are open and started daydreaming. I came closer by him. I leaned my left hand beside the handbrake to support the weight of my body as I tried to feel if he is still breathing. I then found out that he already asleep. I went back to my sit carefully not to wake him up. I decrease the volume of the stereo and adjusted the thermostat to low. Liam must be very tired he fell asleep keeping his eyes open and forgotten that we are supposetedly meeting up his teammate.

A surprising alarm broke the stillness inside the car… I almost screamed. I then realized I fell asleep too. I quickly glanced over Liam and checked if I awaken him… luckily that he is still sleeping but now his head on the headrest and eyes are shuttered down. As soon as I came back into my senses, I saw the clock registering 11:55. It gotten so cold inside the car and the stereo were still on the lowest volume. The car’s engine was shut off already but the headlights are still on. I twisted the car key by one phase counter clockwise to switch off the headlights. It became so dark outside as soon as the lights are gone. I then noticed that it was raining so hard… maybe that is why it went too cold and thought that there was a sudden block out that’s why the street lamps are out. I switched the warmer up by two bars and the temperature started to saturate. I went to find where the sound is coming from and I caught something is beeping inside one of Liam’s pockets... definitely it’s his Motorola. I decided not to wake him and instead check his mobile myself… Dorotha might be calling him. I came closer again to him and leaned my left hand for support. My heart went pumping like crazy when my hand started cradling its way by the brink of Liam’s seat. But I couldn’t see where my hand has been touching. It is peach black inside the car and the only illuminations we have were from the LED of the stereo, but it wasn’t enough… so then I ignored it. I came closer to him being careful not to be too close. I could still hear his lowly breathing and his heartbeats went slow… he is definitely still asleep. I started to lightly tap the part that I could see his shoulder… then down to the pockets on his shirt… Why did he wear a shirt with so many pockets??? There’s nothing on the left pocket so I slowly navigate my hand to the other side. I felt the hardness of his broad chest and the crumbling of the air inside it. I needed to lift my body more to reach the pocket. Carefully and silently I moved closer to him, our face perpendicular to each other… I could now smell his body scent… and the perfume he is using feels like ecstasy to my mind. I manage to tap the other pocket of his shirt but nothing is there too. I went down to his jacket’s pockets but the phone is not there… so definitely it is on his pants.

Searching his shirt for that phone and by with the position I am at, my left arm felt numb so I decided to reset myself. When I came back to my seat, cold sweat started to round up my neck, to my back and to my chest… I was then perspiring… maybe because of too much palpitation. The beeping continued and I got so alarmed that he’ll be awake not so soon. I thought of waking him since it was his phone but I still hesitated. (I cannot forgot what happened when we were at the nature’s camp last summer, he punched Robert when he got awaken from his deep sleep.)--And this scene is not too different from that one. I really don’t care about getting hurt but a part of me stops me from doing so. I then restarted. I will be searching now down at his pants… so if I don’t want to make myself silly and suffer from a lifetime of burden from this guy, I should be really careful with my search. I leaned again my left hand by the handbrake. I suddenly got so frightened and was really been so surprised when Liam had a deep breath. With that sudden rush, I got out of balance and my right hand helplessly pressed in between his legs… right over the rocky edges of the Grand Canyon. And I got so surprised to what I’ve felt. A shivering current stroked my whole body and another shiver went out until I trembled crazily like I was having hypothermia. The next moment I found myself almost over him while my hand is on “him.” It is so embarrassing! I don’t want to look up at his face to check if he got awaken by that. I became so nervous and my heart raged as if it will not beat anymore. I am really surprised but I suddenly got so curious at the same time. I did not assume of taking advantage of this sleeping clad and never did I planned of doing the most foolish act of my life.

The phone stopped from beeping and it became much more silent. The only things I could hear are Liam’s breathing, my own breathing, and the embarrassingly tugging of my heart. Then crazy thoughts and so many other things whirled into my mind all at the same time. I felt some force is now moving by its own took my body. I found myself leaning by Liam’s right leg and faced down. My left hand is no longer supporting my body but instead I found it clutch at Liam’s back heaps. And I thought that I got possessed. My right hand started to move upward by the trail of the zipper and any moment further I found my hand unzipping his pants. Now the zipper was open and heat came out ravishingly from inside, it was like a steam from a whistling kettle. And a scent I am familiar with overtook my consciousness as if it was inviting me to come inside. My right hand started to move again… now downward the open zip and inside that inviting scent. And there I am holding that thing ignorantly as if it was my first time to hold such a kind of bond. I then realized that all of Dorotha’s passion about this guy was true and it convinced myself why she is so into him.

A streak of light came from a passing car and I got really really nervous. I am so dead! If Liam see and find me in this act… what shall be the next scene??? So many things come all at once and I saw several things at the same moment: as light pass by Liam’s face I saw his eyes are opened and focused at me… and the craziest thing I’ve noticed was the smile on his face. Then it became dark after the car passed by us. My heartbeats became so much pronounced that I could almost feel it is shaking the whole car. Another stroke of light struck Liam’s face and I saw another scene: Liam asleep like nothing happened. My hand inside the zipper got so warm it started to sweat and I started to feel the pulsing of that particular muscle inside the fine brief he is wearing. I felt too nervous already I am going to collapse. But that inviting scent kept me alive. There are so many happenings all at once and my brain cannot register what were I’ve been doing simultaneously. Then a beeping sound made me flinch from my position… Liam’s V3X begun beeping again. I quickly changed my thoughts and went back to my first composition. Slowly and carefully I pulled-out my hand from the unzipped pants and tried to pull the zippers back. Another motion startled me when Liam moaned as if he is disapproving my latest thought. I stopped from pulling the zippers back and Liam’s body calmed. I then felt the thing inside grew larger than it was seconds ago. But I hesitated from intruding my hands back to the inviting scent. I forced myself to hold the zipper and pull it up until halfway it should be. Liam stopped from moaning and I could hear him breathing slowly again. My mind is so stubborn right now it constantly injects the thought of unzipping the pants again and the worst… go further from there.

The beeping continued and it already annoyed me. Actually it was a great help of distracting me from my dark plans. I slowly slipped my only able and accessible left hand inside his right pocket and carefully pulled his mobile out. It was a success… I now hold Liam’s cellular and it is still beeping. I am damn so right about who is calling… the caller id registered “Babe”, and I am pretty sure that it was D. I went back to my seat sweating like never. The trembling and shivering didn’t stop until I went back to check at Liam’s phone again. The beeping stopped and the LCD showed “8 missed calls.” Great! I am really so dead. I paused for a while to think of what to do. I laid out several possible options. First, I will put back Liam’s phone in his pocket and wait for it to ring again then I will wake him and tell him someone might be calling then I’ll tell him we both fall asleep. Second option is, I will wait for the phone to ring but now I won’t be putting it back to Liam’s pocket and then I will wake him to let him know who is calling… then I’ll just pretend nothing happened and tell him we both fall asleep as well. Or lastly, I will turn off the phone and wait for myself be possessed again by that weird force and wait what will happen next and come what may.

Suddenly the street lamp lit up and the surrounding became brighter with a flash. Then the rain calmed down to some drips and stayed like that. The temperature inside the car went back to normal but still I could feel that my shirt was wet from all that perspiring… I then noticed that I still have my jackets on me. I paused for a while and then decided to pretend asleep until Liam wakes up and then I’ll pretend nothing happened. But then I was shocked when I glanced to Liam’s face. His eyes are open and there was a poker face. I let myself calm and wait for his moves then I’ll just start it from there. I hope he is clueless from all that happened, because if he is not… then I am dead meat by now.

“God… did I fell asleep?” Liam asked as if nothing happened. But it seemed he is really clueless.

“It rained and all… that’s the last thing I remembered… I fell asleep too.” I lied.

“Oh shit! Philip…” Liam got so surprised. Then he searched for his phone while looking at the clock that now registers 12:22.

“Here… I got awaken by the beeping of your phone… I think everyone has been calling you then.” I pretended I just was about to see how many missed calls he got.

Liam quickly pressed the call button and started mumbling…

“Dude… I am so sorry… I got stuck here because of all the rain and all that. Then I fell asleep… maybe I was too tired for today.” Liam mumbled on his phone. He is a great liar and it is pretty believable. “Okay. See you tomorrow then. Play-offs with the Wildcats right after Physics.” He followed as if the lie was all about true.

“So?” I am waiting for an update.

“There was a power black-out earlier and everyone got stranded too at the Crowley’s. But everyone are now going home.” Liam explained. While he is talking, car starts to fill-up the parking lot of the condominium… it seemed that that rain ruined everyone’s Wednesday night-out.

“We call it a good night then???” I am not so sure of what I am saying. “Or maybe we could have some beer upstairs? Or maybe you would like to stay here until tomorrow… I cook a good breakfast you know.” I followed. I am such a funny man.

“You looked you did enjoy all night dude… what happened?” a recognizable smirk in his face is formed; it is exactly the same smile I saw earlier by the first light that struck his face.

“Huh?” I pretended clueless.

“I think I’ll be going home now… thanks for the night I guess???” He said. That smile is still on his face and his eye sparkles like a diamond.

“Okay… me too I guess… I’ll take care of D… try to come up with a good story.” I replied assuring him with my last thought.

“That is… what happened? Or what you did enjoyed?” he said with that familiar smile.

“Just ride with it and then we get along… period.” As I pretended again. “You sure you don’t like to have some more beer?” I insisted.

“Why?” He asked. Now his brows are quenched as his forehead is. As if he is waiting for me to say something or he is expecting something. Have I sounded flirting again?

“Nah! Just go home. Be careful, road is still wet… Let me know when you’re home.” I commanded as I hop outside the Carrera.

I quickly leaped my way to the fore tier of the building while waiting for Liam to drive out the lot. He then throws a look to me… and it seemed so weird by this time, it looked like he enjoyed the night the way I do. The engine roared and suddenly my one night rendezvous was over. I went upstairs and grab some more beers. I sat on the couch and switched on the TV. I tuned on to Food Network, and I found Emeril is just starting. After two commercials, my phone beeped and I received a text message… and it was from Liam:

“Thanks for the night. I am home now. I know you did enjoyed… but I am disappointed.” Liam said.

I quickly tuned myself back to Emeril to get some distraction. What does he means about being disappointed??? I am getting crazier… was he awake when I was on the loose or he is just playing it up and waits for me to spill it out. My mind is going to explode with all of what just happened and all the things I am processing. I feel like throwing up any moment soon and I felt too drunk. I started to drift to sleep and loose everything from control…

No comments: