Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Twenty-Five and Steady




Twenty-five and Steady

Breeze over mountain as I leave yesterday behind.
Days were conquered, 365 and I was "then".
On this day we call it the "4th of July",
Yet this day ends as my fourth of July.

Memories reminisced but the years won't say much,
People like such were remembered, seconds have passed by.
I will tell again my story, or how epic the past year become.
I will recall the good things and leave the bad patches behind.

There were my old days when I cry and laugh,
There were the great days when I fought really hard.
Lifetime's a bliss I never wanted to end,
It was like everybody's spaghetti with a lot of twist and kicks.

As I wake to celebrate how special this day could be,
I will never know if more blessings there is for me.
I am thankful and I am just,
For all the goodness and the badness,
For all the triumphs and every fall,
And for the laughters and tear drops that I could recall.

Thank you to all the people who stood beside me no matter what,
Much more thanks to people who walked out of my life en pretend and never was.
Food, kisses, friends, and more journey to come.
RSVP on my invites as I tag everyone "fun".
Let's be this day and let us be forever,
Rainy o shiny, whatever comes around.

Today I turn twenty-five and the whole world around,
Today I change calendar and move everything aside.
I am a new person once again that people knows nothing about,
I will be the person like ever that everyone cares about.

As I grow and mature for better or for worse,
As I get older or younger for what is right or what's not.
I will live the life I intended to,
No more compromise... No more second thoughts.
I am now on the twenty-fifth year of my damn great life,
I now feel that things are great and getting steady here onwards.

No comments: