Saturday, July 2, 2011

Twenty-Three and Turning


 

Twenty-three and Turning
by Brangien

Today I am now twenty-three,
And on this day my life started turning.
It has been another year,
And by far it was extreme.
By that I mean: a life anew,
With this I conclude:  adventurous.
I yearned; I’ve earned, but never saved,
I loss, I fall, but never failed.
I loved, got hurt and heart-broken,
But still I endured and keep the pieces at stake.
Now and as ever I love again,
I will never get used with this over and over again.
Life has more meaning on to me now,
And it is quite silly at this time.
Things should be simple, light, and fun,
I’d never thought of thinking about that,
I’d put too much burden that I shouldn’t be ranting about.
On this day when I got older again,
I promised to myself to take on the world I never put pace.
There is more on life out of this box,
There are plenty more shapes than circles and dots.
And as I celebrate twenty-three years of wonderful times,
I want to feel that this day is really mine.
Thanks to everyone I met on the past thousand days of my life,
Thanks to God for every minute I got.
And to those who never forgot,
That this day, Fourth of July,
I am celebrating another year of my life,
Thanks to you for remembering,
Thanks to you for being a part of this life.
And this day shall pass and time will go on,
My life will keep on turning and I will move on.

No comments: